Stop living with constant pain and reduced mobility.
Causes & Symptoms
Diagnosing the cause of back pain can be difficult as symptoms and physical findings can be attributed to various conditions:
- Herniated disc: numbness, tingling or pain in the lower back, buttocks, leg and calves.
- Lumbar strains: back spasms, pain in the lower back and difficulty moving.
- Sacroiliac joint problems: stiffness, burning sensation or pain in the back or hips that worsens when standing or walking.
- Disc degeneration: gradual, age-related wear and tear causing lower back pain and stiffness.
- Whiplash: injury to ligaments and tendons in the neck can also cause lower back pain.
- Stress: physical effects of long term stress manifests in the lower back; stress-related lower back stiffness can eventually lead to a ruptured disc and sciatica.
Neck Pain can be caused by a variety of factors as well:
- Herniated disc: numbness, tingling or pain in the neck, arms and shoulders.
- Whiplash: injury to ligaments and tendons in the neck can cause neck pain and stiffness, as well as headaches, dizziness and blurred vision.
- Disc degeneration: gradual, age-related wear and tear causing pain and stiffness.
- Stress: holding stress in the body can cause pain and stiffness in the neck and shoulders.
- Cervicogenic (Neck) headache: constant, dull ache originating from the neck caused by excessive stress on the joints, improper alignment of the neck and spine or excessive bending or twisting.
How PRI Can Help
Successful treatment depends on an accurate diagnosis for the specific pain syndrome. The team at PRI will accurately diagnose the source of your back or neck pain through a detailed review of your clinical history and perform a thorough physical examination. We will then devise a customized treatment plan that may encompass one or more of the following therapies.
Chiropractic: chiropractic adjustments can help correct and restore the normal alignment and motion of the spine, improve nervous system function and alleviate pain.
Physical Therapy: a combination of passive and active therapies will reduce pain, strengthen lower back and pelvic muscles, and improve or maintain joint mobility.
Massage: highly effective in relieving muscle tension in the lower back and in reducing tight muscles in the back of the head, neck and shoulders.
Disc Decompression: painless and safe therapy that relieves back and neck pain and accelerates return to normal activity.
Aquatic Therapy: physical rehabilitation exercises in water; reduces back pain and inflammation; improves muscle strength and flexibility.
Acupuncture: highly effective in relieving muscle tension and reducing chronic pain in back, neck and shoulders; long lasting results.