What is Foot Care?
Your feet have direct impact on the rest of your body and support you with each step. A small abnormality in foot function can have a large impact on joints higher up in the body, causing pain and discomfort. When running, the pressure on your feet can be 3-4 times your body weight. Even walking produces more pressure than the sum your body weight. Orthotics and proper shoe fit are very important aspects of foot health.
- Ill-fitting shoes and general foot neglect can cause pain or discomfort in the ankles, knees or hip joints.
- Women have four times as many foot problems as men because they have a long history of wearing high heels and/or pointy toe shoes.
- Foot ailments may be an early signal of more serious medical problems, such as arthritis or diabetes.
- Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain: runners, people who are overweight and those who wear shoes with inadequate support are at risk.
PRI uses the most technologically advanced diagnostic tool available, the Gaitscan™ System. This revolutionary device provides a sophisticated assessment of foot mechanics to ensure the perfect fit for Custom Orthotics and Orthopedic Shoes. Most insurance plans provide for Custom Orthotics and Orthopedic Shoes.
How can Custom Orthotics and Orthopedic Shoes help me?
- Reduce pain and swelling in the feet, ankles and legs
- Reduce lower back pain
- Improve ability to walk, run or jump
- Provide better arch support
- Increase stability of weak joints
- Improve overall health of foot and ankle
- Align and support the body
- Prevent foot deformities